Shoppers on Broughton Street last night may have been perplexed at a rather unusual sight: A bevy of beauties wandering about clad only in their pajamas. Welcome to the kickoff of the Pajama Shop Hop, hosted by Ruel Joyner of 24 e. Design Co.
“It’s really more about bringing eyes to Savannah and its wonderful places to shop, while benefitting something we all believe in: Toys for Tots.” Jackie Heinz, owner of the Zeigler House explains.
Beginning December 1, residents can request a passport from any of Savannah Inn’s participating Bed and Breakfasts by bringing an unwrapped toy to benefit “Toys for Tots.” The passport can be used for discounts at over 70 area businesses – dress up in your favorite pair of pajamas, present your passport and receive a stamp and a discount. Guests at any of the participating Inns – Azalea Inn and Gardens, Green Palm Inn, Zeigler House Inn, and the Dresser Palmer House – get one for free.
“If you have the passport stamped at at least ten of the participating locations, you’ll qualify for our grand prize drawing – a free two-night stay in your choice of our inns,” explains Teresa Jacobson, owner of Azalea Inn and Gardens.
The passport is good at over 70 participating businesses; A few taking part in the official kick off included the Salt Table, River Street Liquor, Alligator Soul, The Pirates’ House, Cotton Exchange, Leoci’s, Lulu’s Chocolate Bar, Savannah Shoe Company and One Fish Two Fish. For more photos of the event, check out the Scenes of the South.
Tags: 24e, Alligator Soul, Azalea Inn and Gardens, Cotton Exchange, Dresser Palmer House, Green Palm Inn, Leoci's, Lulu's Chocolate Bar, One Fish Two Fish, River Street Liquor, Salt Table, Savannah Shoe Company, The Pirates House, Zeigler House Inn
- Landlubbers Beware: El Galeón Andalucía is Savannah Bound
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 13-19
- Start Your Engines for the Savannah Speed Classic
- 4 In-Season Fruits for Fall
- Who Is the Ice Queen?
- What You Need to Know About Bottles & Cans
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 6-12
- Beware of FOMO
- Picnic is an Understatement
- Oct 25 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Little Grand Wine Tasting!
- 9th Annual Wag-O-Ween
- SKIDAWAY ISLAND FALL FESTIVAL
- Isle of Hope Art & Music Fest
- EL GALEÓN ANDALUCÍA VISIT
- The Landings Art Association Fall Art Sidewalk Show
- Digging Savannah Walking Tour of Downtown Savannah
- Savannah Speed Classic Oct 24-26
- Rooms With A View: Southern Style - Muffins and Mimosas