Shoppers on Broughton Street last night may have been perplexed at a rather unusual sight: A bevy of beauties wandering about clad only in their pajamas. Welcome to the kickoff of the Pajama Shop Hop, hosted by Ruel Joyner of 24 e. Design Co.
“It’s really more about bringing eyes to Savannah and its wonderful places to shop, while benefitting something we all believe in: Toys for Tots.” Jackie Heinz, owner of the Zeigler House explains.
Beginning December 1, residents can request a passport from any of Savannah Inn’s participating Bed and Breakfasts by bringing an unwrapped toy to benefit “Toys for Tots.” The passport can be used for discounts at over 70 area businesses – dress up in your favorite pair of pajamas, present your passport and receive a stamp and a discount. Guests at any of the participating Inns – Azalea Inn and Gardens, Green Palm Inn, Zeigler House Inn, and the Dresser Palmer House – get one for free.
“If you have the passport stamped at at least ten of the participating locations, you’ll qualify for our grand prize drawing – a free two-night stay in your choice of our inns,” explains Teresa Jacobson, owner of Azalea Inn and Gardens.
The passport is good at over 70 participating businesses; A few taking part in the official kick off included the Salt Table, River Street Liquor, Alligator Soul, The Pirates’ House, Cotton Exchange, Leoci’s, Lulu’s Chocolate Bar, Savannah Shoe Company and One Fish Two Fish. For more photos of the event, check out the Scenes of the South.
Tags: 24e, Alligator Soul, Azalea Inn and Gardens, Cotton Exchange, Dresser Palmer House, Green Palm Inn, Leoci's, Lulu's Chocolate Bar, One Fish Two Fish, River Street Liquor, Salt Table, Savannah Shoe Company, The Pirates House, Zeigler House Inn
- 2013 Miss St. Patrick’s Day to Hand Over Crown this Saturday
- Pacci Italian Kitchen + Bar Spring 2014 Opening
- Obama Budget Denies Funding for Georgia Ports Expansion Project
- GLORIOSA-Art in Bloom
- Fasting: How can it possibly be good for you!? Part 2
- Josh Reddick's Amazing Catches
- Top Choice Events for this Week: March 3 – 9
- Behind the Scenes at the 2nd Annual Diamond Ball
- The 33rd Annual Miss St. Patrick’s Day Pageant
- Sarah Elizabeth Jones Petition
- Got Heartburn? Dr. Mandel and the New LINX Procedure
- Savannah’s Tourism and Paula Deen on the Rise!
- 2nd Annual Diamond Ball
- South magazine Behind the Scenes at the Telfair Ball
- “St. Practice Day on River Street” Charity Bar Crawl
- Mar 08 2014
- Savannah Bitcoin Meet-Up!
- GhoStock: Resurrection | March 7-9
- Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show | March 7-9
- White Rose Luncheon
- Shamrock Scramble
- Wilmington Island Farmers' Market: Spring Season
- Senior Art Exhibition: F/5 Visual Impact | March 3-14
- SCAD Experimental Film and Installation Class
- "St. Practice Day on River Street" Charity Bar Crawl
- 2014 Davenport House Oyster Roast