Shoppers on Broughton Street last night may have been perplexed at a rather unusual sight: A bevy of beauties wandering about clad only in their pajamas. Welcome to the kickoff of the Pajama Shop Hop, hosted by Ruel Joyner of 24 e. Design Co.
“It’s really more about bringing eyes to Savannah and its wonderful places to shop, while benefitting something we all believe in: Toys for Tots.” Jackie Heinz, owner of the Zeigler House explains.
Beginning December 1, residents can request a passport from any of Savannah Inn’s participating Bed and Breakfasts by bringing an unwrapped toy to benefit “Toys for Tots.” The passport can be used for discounts at over 70 area businesses – dress up in your favorite pair of pajamas, present your passport and receive a stamp and a discount. Guests at any of the participating Inns – Azalea Inn and Gardens, Green Palm Inn, Zeigler House Inn, and the Dresser Palmer House – get one for free.
“If you have the passport stamped at at least ten of the participating locations, you’ll qualify for our grand prize drawing – a free two-night stay in your choice of our inns,” explains Teresa Jacobson, owner of Azalea Inn and Gardens.
The passport is good at over 70 participating businesses; A few taking part in the official kick off included the Salt Table, River Street Liquor, Alligator Soul, The Pirates’ House, Cotton Exchange, Leoci’s, Lulu’s Chocolate Bar, Savannah Shoe Company and One Fish Two Fish. For more photos of the event, check out the Scenes of the South.
Tags: 24e, Alligator Soul, Azalea Inn and Gardens, Cotton Exchange, Dresser Palmer House, Green Palm Inn, Leoci's, Lulu's Chocolate Bar, One Fish Two Fish, River Street Liquor, Salt Table, Savannah Shoe Company, The Pirates House, Zeigler House Inn
- Southern Made Products: August-September
- Sand Gnats August 28, 2014
- Top Choice Events For This Week: August 25-31
- Tawny Ellis
- Ponte Vedra
- Southern Adventures: Water and Sporting Clays
- Top Choice Events for this Week: August 18-24
- CASA MONICA
- Special Agent Eugene Kowel and the FBI in Savannah
- Stay Safe This Season
- Island Getaway: Daufuskie Island
- It's Bo Time at South!
- Top Choice Events for this Week: August 4-10
- Don Giovanni – Savannah VOICE Festival
- Beat the Humidity 101
- Aug 28 2014
- Sand Gnats v. August GreenJackets
- Buy Local Networking Luncheon
- GSU Eagles Football Kickoff Party
- Strummin' on the Porch
- ASBURY MEMORIAL THEATRE ANNOUNCES FALL PRODUCTION OF THE FANTASTICKS- AUDITIONS
- Aug 29 2014
- Chicago: The Musical
- Aug 30 2014
- Gazing in the Garden
- Leukemia Cup Run for Jane 5K / 10K & Fun Walk
- Chicago: The Musical
- Savannah Craft Brew Fest