Shoppers on Broughton Street last night may have been perplexed at a rather unusual sight: A bevy of beauties wandering about clad only in their pajamas. Welcome to the kickoff of the Pajama Shop Hop, hosted by Ruel Joyner of 24 e. Design Co.
“It’s really more about bringing eyes to Savannah and its wonderful places to shop, while benefitting something we all believe in: Toys for Tots.” Jackie Heinz, owner of the Zeigler House explains.
Beginning December 1, residents can request a passport from any of Savannah Inn’s participating Bed and Breakfasts by bringing an unwrapped toy to benefit “Toys for Tots.” The passport can be used for discounts at over 70 area businesses – dress up in your favorite pair of pajamas, present your passport and receive a stamp and a discount. Guests at any of the participating Inns – Azalea Inn and Gardens, Green Palm Inn, Zeigler House Inn, and the Dresser Palmer House – get one for free.
“If you have the passport stamped at at least ten of the participating locations, you’ll qualify for our grand prize drawing – a free two-night stay in your choice of our inns,” explains Teresa Jacobson, owner of Azalea Inn and Gardens.
The passport is good at over 70 participating businesses; A few taking part in the official kick off included the Salt Table, River Street Liquor, Alligator Soul, The Pirates’ House, Cotton Exchange, Leoci’s, Lulu’s Chocolate Bar, Savannah Shoe Company and One Fish Two Fish. For more photos of the event, check out the Scenes of the South.
Tags: 24e, Alligator Soul, Azalea Inn and Gardens, Cotton Exchange, Dresser Palmer House, Green Palm Inn, Leoci's, Lulu's Chocolate Bar, One Fish Two Fish, River Street Liquor, Salt Table, Savannah Shoe Company, The Pirates House, Zeigler House Inn
- Dieting vs. Healthy Eating
- “Slow Poke” Bill
- Some Like it Hot, Some Like a Stout
- Talking Trends: Celebrity Stylist Ashley Borders gives us the 411
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 14-20
- Savannah Youth Sings
- Girls on the Run
- Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton Film Screening
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 7-13
- Yoga Barre: Arm Balance and Handstand Workshop
- Marilyn Monroe at the Jepson
- Marilyn: Celebrating an American Icon
- MOBILE ARTIST PROGRAM
- Top Choice Events for this Week: March 31-April 6
- 2014 Flavor of Georgia Winners
- Apr 18 2014
- RBC Heritage PGA TOUR | April 14-20
- SCAD Style | April 14-18
- Le Snoot presents Tribute to Adventure TimePublic
- Grand Opening: Ampersand
- Apr 19 2014
- Earth Day Wheelie Bicycle Ride
- The Georgia Gullah Geechee Weekend
- Easter Egg Hunt & Cook Out
- Easter Blast at Skidaway Island State Park!
- Southern Holiday Jazz Band at Casimir's Lounge
- 2014 USTA Savannah Challenger Tennis Tournament | April 19-27