Come join Capt. Derek as he guides you on a 1-1.5hr cruise along Tybee’s beautiful coast. See Fort Pulaski, the Cockspur and Tybee Island Lighthouses, and shrimp boats in the mouth of the majestic Atlantic Ocean. Most of all, enjoy the friendly Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin as they play in their natural habitat.
Category: Guides, Play, Tours
Tags: beach, Captain Derek, Dolphin Tour, Sea
1. The race will be governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing and applicable class rules, except as modified by this NOR or the Tybee 500 Sailing Instructions.
2. Classes will consist of production Formula 18 and Nacra 20 catamarans.
3. Classes shall consist of 8 or more boats, with a limit of 30 total entries for the race.
4. The warning signal for the first race shall be at 9:55am, May 10, 2010 in the ocean, off Islamorada, FL.
5. Advertising will be unlimited on the sails; however, race sponsor decals may be applied to any area of the hulls of any registered boat.
6. Registration will be available online at http://www.tybee500.com. The entry fee will be $500 per boat, and must be received by March 31st, 2010. After March 31st, the entry fee increases to $600. Checks or money orders should be made payable to: Tybee Island Sailing Association, Inc. The entry form and waiver forms shall be printed, and accompany the entry fee. The entry form must be signed by the boat’s skipper and crew prior to the race. All participants must agree to be bound by the current Racing Rules of Sailing and all other rules and instructions that govern the event. Mail entries to: Tybee 500, P.O. Box 1867, Tybee Island, GA, 31328. Cancellations received after March 15, 2010 will be refundable, minus a $100 administrative fee.
7. Entrants will be weighed prior to the start, safety equipment will be verified, and sails will be officially measured and marked by Race Officials. Factory hull numbers and rating certificates may be required. Proof of liability insurance will be required, with a copy submitted with registration. Sailing instructions will be available online shortly after advanced registration.
8. THE COURSE:
- Day 1 – Islamorada, FL – Hollywood, FL
- Day 2 – Hollywood, FL to Jupiter, FL
- Day 3 – Jupiter, FL to Cocoa Beach, FL
- Day 4 – Cocoa Beach, FL to Daytona Beach, FL
- Day 5 – Daytona Beach, FL to Fernandina Beach, FL
- Day 6 – Fernandina Beach, FL to Tybee Island, GA
Cost: $500 per boat
More Info: Visit Tybee500.com
Tags: Competition, Georgia, Race, Sail, Sea, Tybee Island