Savannah’s popular ‘Day of Trashion’ continues! On Saturday, February 4th, the Visual Arts Department in collaboration with the Department of Dance will host the FourthAnnual Junk 2 Funk Fashion Show. The show will feature “trash” that has been creatively transformed into more than 50 pieces of uniquely constructed wearable art and couture fashion. As a result of last year’s sell-out crowd, this year’s Junk 2 Funk Fashion Show will offer two events – a matinee show at 4:00 pm and an awards show at 7:00 pm. All general admission tickets are $15.00 and student tickets are $10.00.
Student designers will compete for prizes and will be judged by our “Junk Jury” comprised of Savannah designers and Project Runway contestants, along with other local fashion gurus. Winners will be determined based on the following criteria: use of recycled materials, design innovation, quality of craftsmanship and “WOW” factor in presentation.
The event will feature student choreography and performances by the Savannah Arts Dance Department.
Tickets for this sell-out event will be available beginning Monday, January 30th at the Savannah Arts Academy’s Box Office at 500 Washington Avenue weekdays from 9:00-2:00pm and 3:00-5:30pm. Doors open at 3:30 for the 4:00 show and 6:30 for the 7:00 show.
- Apr 16 2014
- Fashion Film Panel moderated by Sally Singer featuring Matthew Katz-Frost and Quentin Jones
- SCAD Jewelry Trunk Show | April 16 & 17
- Lunch and Learn with Mary Kay Andrews
- Josh Shulman in conversation with Bridget Foley
- RBC Heritage PGA TOUR | April 14-20
- SCAD Style | April 14-18
- Reception: Celebrating a Silver Donation from Dr. Frank Rizza and Family
- Martinis at the Mansion X Girls on the Run
- Dine Out for CASA - Ruby Tuesday of Pooler
- Dine Out for CASA - Lulu's Chocolate Bar