Savannah’s popular ‘Day of Trashion’ continues! On Saturday, February 4th, the Visual Arts Department in collaboration with the Department of Dance will host the FourthAnnual Junk 2 Funk Fashion Show. The show will feature “trash” that has been creatively transformed into more than 50 pieces of uniquely constructed wearable art and couture fashion. As a result of last year’s sell-out crowd, this year’s Junk 2 Funk Fashion Show will offer two events – a matinee show at 4:00 pm and an awards show at 7:00 pm. All general admission tickets are $15.00 and student tickets are $10.00.
Student designers will compete for prizes and will be judged by our “Junk Jury” comprised of Savannah designers and Project Runway contestants, along with other local fashion gurus. Winners will be determined based on the following criteria: use of recycled materials, design innovation, quality of craftsmanship and “WOW” factor in presentation.
The event will feature student choreography and performances by the Savannah Arts Dance Department.
Tickets for this sell-out event will be available beginning Monday, January 30th at the Savannah Arts Academy’s Box Office at 500 Washington Avenue weekdays from 9:00-2:00pm and 3:00-5:30pm. Doors open at 3:30 for the 4:00 show and 6:30 for the 7:00 show.
- Dec 18 2014
- Telfair Tots: Silver and Gold
- Art on Tap
- Art Start Stroller Tours: Color/Contrast
- Dec 19 2014
- 4th Annual Homegrown Holiday Hoedown
- Dec 20 2014
- Sea Pines Outdoor Movie- "Polar Express"
- "The Twelve Bars of Christmas" 5k Charity Bar Crawl
- Dec 22 2014
- Sea Pines Christmas Stocking Deliveries
- Dec 23 2014
- Sea Pines Gregg Russell Christmas Concert
- Sea Pines Harbour Town Trolley
- Dec 24 2014
- Christmas Eve Dinner Entertainment Cruise