Savannah’s popular ‘Day of Trashion’ continues! On Saturday, February 4th, the Visual Arts Department in collaboration with the Department of Dance will host the FourthAnnual Junk 2 Funk Fashion Show. The show will feature “trash” that has been creatively transformed into more than 50 pieces of uniquely constructed wearable art and couture fashion. As a result of last year’s sell-out crowd, this year’s Junk 2 Funk Fashion Show will offer two events – a matinee show at 4:00 pm and an awards show at 7:00 pm. All general admission tickets are $15.00 and student tickets are $10.00.
Student designers will compete for prizes and will be judged by our “Junk Jury” comprised of Savannah designers and Project Runway contestants, along with other local fashion gurus. Winners will be determined based on the following criteria: use of recycled materials, design innovation, quality of craftsmanship and “WOW” factor in presentation.
The event will feature student choreography and performances by the Savannah Arts Dance Department.
Tickets for this sell-out event will be available beginning Monday, January 30th at the Savannah Arts Academy’s Box Office at 500 Washington Avenue weekdays from 9:00-2:00pm and 3:00-5:30pm. Doors open at 3:30 for the 4:00 show and 6:30 for the 7:00 show.
- Apr 23 2014
- 2014 USTA Savannah Challenger Tennis Tournament | April 19-27
- 2nd Annual Big Bad Print Show | Submission Deadline
- 35th Annual Volunteer Recognition & Awards Luncheon
- Apr 24 2014
- 2014 Jewels & Jeans benefit for Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia
- Ray Ellis: Sketches from 1971-2011
- Savannah International Animation Festival
- PERC Coffee Tasting at Andaz Savannah
- Films in Forsyth presents: Disney’s 'The Chronicles of Narnia'
- Apr 25 2014
- Helen Levitt: In the Street – Lecture and Opening Reception
- AquaCurean | April 25-27