Savannah’s popular ‘Day of Trashion’ continues! On Saturday, February 4th, the Visual Arts Department in collaboration with the Department of Dance will host the FourthAnnual Junk 2 Funk Fashion Show. The show will feature “trash” that has been creatively transformed into more than 50 pieces of uniquely constructed wearable art and couture fashion. As a result of last year’s sell-out crowd, this year’s Junk 2 Funk Fashion Show will offer two events – a matinee show at 4:00 pm and an awards show at 7:00 pm. All general admission tickets are $15.00 and student tickets are $10.00.
Student designers will compete for prizes and will be judged by our “Junk Jury” comprised of Savannah designers and Project Runway contestants, along with other local fashion gurus. Winners will be determined based on the following criteria: use of recycled materials, design innovation, quality of craftsmanship and “WOW” factor in presentation.
The event will feature student choreography and performances by the Savannah Arts Dance Department.
Tickets for this sell-out event will be available beginning Monday, January 30th at the Savannah Arts Academy’s Box Office at 500 Washington Avenue weekdays from 9:00-2:00pm and 3:00-5:30pm. Doors open at 3:30 for the 4:00 show and 6:30 for the 7:00 show.
- Dec 13 2013
- Dirty Dolls Burlesque Revue
- A Christmas Tradition | Nov 28-Dec 26
- Habersham Village Holiday Open House
- Ft. Pulaski Candle Lantern Tours | Dec 13 & 14
- Boy Scouts of America hosts Over The Edge
- December Nights & Holiday Lights | Dec 12-Dec 15
- Hilton Head Choral Society's Sounds of the Season Christmas Concert
- Savannah Harbor Festival of Lights | November 29 - January 1
- Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) | Humane Society & Second Harvest Benefit
- Opening Reception: Curious Creatures and Terrible Tales