Summer is coming to a close in the South, but that means that the events and celebrations of the fall are just heating up! If you haven’t cemented your weekend plans yet, here are a few suggestions to spice up your Saturday.
Friday, September 7
Spa Bleu Night: The premiere Savannah relaxation spot will be open late—until 9 p.m.—for some true “bleu” relaxation as part of the First Friday Broughton Street late night. Come by for special services and surprises. Bring a friend or treat someone you love to something special.
Saturday, September 8
Thirteenth Annual Savannah Pride Festival Kickoff: Join Savannah Pride in Forsyth Park from noon to 10 p.m. for live music, food and fun in the spirit of tolerance and acceptance. Musical guests include JoJo and The Sexual Side Effects. Tickets are $5 until 5 p.m. and $7 after 5 p.m.
2nd Annual Coastal Empire Surfers for Autism : Venture out to Tybee Island on the south side of the Walter W. Parker Pier from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for fun and educational activities for special needs children and their families.
Tenth Annual Savannah International Food & Wine Festival : Grab a couple of friends and head to the St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church at 14 West Anderson Street from 4 to 7 p.m. for food from around the world served by more than 12 local restaurants, 50-plus international wines to taste, as well as a silent auction from 4 to 6 p.m. Tickets are $35 at the door. Proceeds benefit the charities of the Greek Orthodox Ladies Philoptochos Society and their scholarship fund.
Third Annual Daniel Defense Pooler 5K: Be adventurous for a good cause!
The Third Annual Daniel Defense Pooler 5K starts at 8 a.m. at West Chatham Middle School. The event benefits the Warriors Transition Unit < http://www.stewart.army.mil/acs/sfac.asp> at Fort Stewart. The theme of this year’s event is Help Us Help Soldiers. The race will also feature a patriotic costume contest, so be sure to show up in your red, white and blue!
48-Hour Film Screening: Films from the Savannah 48-our film projects will be shown September 7 & 8 at 7 p.m. at Meddin Studios. Tickets are $12 and cash-only. Come see what Savannah Filmmakers can do in just 48 hours!
Tags: Events, plans, weekend, What's Happening
- The Skinny On OurSkinny
- Kenny Davis: Living in Colour
- Father’s Day, Savannah Style
- South’s Greatest Dads: Proud Papas
- Mud, Sweat & Tears: The 2013 JCB Mud Run
- The Georgia Historical Society’s “Today In Georgia History” Wins Two Emmys
- Local gallery Sicky Nar Nar launches Kickstarter campaign
- Trybee Island Sprint 2013
- Savannah Says Goodbye
to Ben Tucker
- 8 Great Summer Vacations: The Top Beaches of the South
- Deen Family Book Signing
- Muse Arts Warehouse presents Alice Underground
- South’s weekend guide, June 6-9
- JCB Mud Run
- The Southern Guide to
- Jun 18 2013
- Dub's Beer Dinner
- Jun 19 2013
- We Still Dream! at Sweet Melissa's
- Martinis at the Mansion
- Highland Brewing Company Beer Dinner
- Jun 20 2013
- Speakeasy Cabaret | Gypsy Swing
- Women Mean Business Conference
- Savannah Children’s Museum’s Splash Festival
- From Fancy to High-Style: New York Furniture at the Telfair
- Teysha Trunk Show
- Jun 21 2013
- 2nd Annual Cornhole Classic : Tournament