SCAD’s annual International Festival returns for its 14th installment on Saturday, April 7th. A celebration of the school’s diverse arts community, the fest takes over the strip of Broughton between Lincoln and Abercorn, complete with traditional music, art, and food.
Some of this year’s featured musical acts are DJ Omar Richardson, ReggaeInfinity, and Mystik NRG. Additional highlighted events include appearances by SCAD’s Global Fashion Showcase, Ayoluwa African Dance Theatre Inc., Hac Long Duong Lion Dance Troupe, and SCAD’s Drumline. Arts and crafts will be available for purchase.
Visitors can also have a taste of cuisine from around the world courtesy of several local restaurants. Some vendors will even be providing samples at minimal cost, including Casbah Moroccan Restaurant, Sushi Zen, Taste of India, Ruan Thai Cuisine and Middle Eastern Cuisine.
The festival kicks off at 11 am and will run until 3:30 pm. We recommend you come out to experience all the international diversity Savannah has to offer. No passport necessary.
This event will be held on Broughton, between Lincoln and Abercorn.
Tags: international festival, SCAD
- Picnic in the Park 2014
- Lowcountry Legacy: Erica Russo Davis
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 16-21
- In the Studio with Chase Allen
- Goodbye to Sean Haire, A True Renaissance Man
- Tally ho Y’all: Foxhunting in the South
- Island Getaway: Kiawah Island
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 8-14
- Monte Carlo 2014: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour
- Oh, What a Night! Savannah’s Fashion Night 2014
- Little St. Simons: Island Getaway
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 2-6
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off 2014
- Southern Made Products: August-September
- Sand Gnats August 28, 2014
- Sep 18 2014
- Art Start Stroller Tours
- Portfolio Builder: Youth Drawing 1
- Charity Date Auction Fundraiser
- Charity Date Auction-to benefit Coastal Pet Rescue
- Telfair Tots: Water, Water Everywhere
- Sep 19 2014
- Savannah Theremin Summit
- Bistro Savoir Interactif
- Friday Night at the Movies ..."Jaws!"
- Sep 20 2014
- Monte Carlo: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour