SCAD’s annual International Festival returns for its 14th installment on Saturday, April 7th. A celebration of the school’s diverse arts community, the fest takes over the strip of Broughton between Lincoln and Abercorn, complete with traditional music, art, and food.
Some of this year’s featured musical acts are DJ Omar Richardson, ReggaeInfinity, and Mystik NRG. Additional highlighted events include appearances by SCAD’s Global Fashion Showcase, Ayoluwa African Dance Theatre Inc., Hac Long Duong Lion Dance Troupe, and SCAD’s Drumline. Arts and crafts will be available for purchase.
Visitors can also have a taste of cuisine from around the world courtesy of several local restaurants. Some vendors will even be providing samples at minimal cost, including Casbah Moroccan Restaurant, Sushi Zen, Taste of India, Ruan Thai Cuisine and Middle Eastern Cuisine.
The festival kicks off at 11 am and will run until 3:30 pm. We recommend you come out to experience all the international diversity Savannah has to offer. No passport necessary.
This event will be held on Broughton, between Lincoln and Abercorn.
Tags: international festival, SCAD
- Savannah Film Festival Docs to Watch Series
- The Levy Jewelers Red, White and Blue Balloon Festival
- Rape Crisis Center Launches ‘Bar Bystander’ Program
- Jorge Gutierrez Shares The Stories Behind "The Book of Life"
- Spotlight on Matt Bomer
- Lights! Cameras! Asa! Savannah Film Fest
- Landlubbers Beware: El Galeón Andalucía is Savannah Bound
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 13-19
- Start Your Engines for the Savannah Speed Classic
- Oct 30 2014
- The Savannah Showcases a Hot-Air Balloon for a Pre-showing of the Red, White and Blue Balloon Festival
- Video Game Development
- ESCAPE SAVANNAH
- Oct 31 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Crawl-O-Ween on River Street
- "The Nightmare on Congress Street" Charity Bar Crawl
- Over the Edge
- Escape Savannah!
- Ampersand Halloween Extravaganza
- Nov 01 2014
- Levy Jewelers Red, White & Blue Balloon Festival