SCAD’s annual International Festival returns for its 14th installment on Saturday, April 7th. A celebration of the school’s diverse arts community, the fest takes over the strip of Broughton between Lincoln and Abercorn, complete with traditional music, art, and food.
Some of this year’s featured musical acts are DJ Omar Richardson, ReggaeInfinity, and Mystik NRG. Additional highlighted events include appearances by SCAD’s Global Fashion Showcase, Ayoluwa African Dance Theatre Inc., Hac Long Duong Lion Dance Troupe, and SCAD’s Drumline. Arts and crafts will be available for purchase.
Visitors can also have a taste of cuisine from around the world courtesy of several local restaurants. Some vendors will even be providing samples at minimal cost, including Casbah Moroccan Restaurant, Sushi Zen, Taste of India, Ruan Thai Cuisine and Middle Eastern Cuisine.
The festival kicks off at 11 am and will run until 3:30 pm. We recommend you come out to experience all the international diversity Savannah has to offer. No passport necessary.
This event will be held on Broughton, between Lincoln and Abercorn.
Tags: international festival, SCAD
- Landlubbers Beware: El Galeón Andalucía is Savannah Bound
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 13-19
- Start Your Engines for the Savannah Speed Classic
- 4 In-Season Fruits for Fall
- Who Is the Ice Queen?
- What You Need to Know About Bottles & Cans
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 6-12
- Beware of FOMO
- Picnic is an Understatement
- Oct 22 2014
- U.S. Air Force Concert Band and Singing Sergeants
- Oct 23 2014
- Buy Local Luncheon
- Video Game Development
- Oct 24 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Rivers & Glen Trading Co. Announce Grand Opening October 24 in Savannah
- EL GALEÓN ANDALUCÍA VISIT
- Savannah Speed Classic Oct 24-26
- Rooms With A View: Southern Style - Lecture and Luncheon
- The Annual Halloween Hike at Oatland Island Wildlife Center