Savannah’s sartorial superstars will be on full display during Savannah Fashion Week 2012. The event kicks off on Monday, May 14, with evening events on Broughton Street, the Downtown Design District, and midtown leading up to the finale fashion show and exclusive after party at the Lucas Theatre on Thursday, May 17th. Doors open at 6:30 P.M., and the show starts at 7:30 P.M. Tickets are available online at Savannah Box Office or by calling 912-525-5050. See our events calendar for more information.
On Friday, May 18th, “Exposed,” a fashion show featuring the daringly innovative collections of Project Runway All-Star April Johnston, Project Runway’s Peach Carr, and The Exquisite Corpse by Michael Drummond, exposes the raw, lucid beauty of Savannah’s underground fashion scene at 24e. Doors open at 8:00 pm. Fashion Show starts at 8:45/9:15pm. See our events calendar for more information.
Culminating the week is the crown jewel of creativity, the SCAD Fashion Show, which will present the collections of the top graduating seniors. The show has become one of the premiere student fashion shows in the country. Selected by a jury process, the students’ work is critiqued every step of the way, from sketches to garments, by some of the top professionals in the fashion industry.
The Savannah College of Art and Design will honor renowned American couturier Ralph Rucci at the show. SCAD President Paula Wallace and Vogue Contributing Editor André Leon Talley will present Rucci with Talley’s namesake Lifetime Achievement Award. Ralph Rucci’s work has been featured in numerous museums, including three solo shows, and is also the subject of a book, “Ralph Rucci: The Art of Weightlessness.” See our events calendar for more information.
Beg, borrow or steal a ticket to either of these sold out shows at 4:00 P.M. and 8:00 P.M. at the Trustees Theater.
- Some Like it Hot, Some Like a Stout
- Talking Trends: Celebrity Stylist Ashley Borders gives us the 411
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 14-20
- Savannah Youth Sings
- Girls on the Run
- Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton Film Screening
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 7-13
- Yoga Barre: Arm Balance and Handstand Workshop
- Marilyn Monroe at the Jepson
- Marilyn: Celebrating an American Icon
- MOBILE ARTIST PROGRAM
- Top Choice Events for this Week: March 31-April 6
- 2014 Flavor of Georgia Winners
- Temazcal - Aztec Sweat Lodge
- SAVANNAH TECHNICAL COLLEGE TO SALUTE COMMUNITY STARS
- Apr 16 2014
- Fashion Film Panel moderated by Sally Singer featuring Matthew Katz-Frost and Quentin Jones
- SCAD Jewelry Trunk Show | April 16 & 17
- Lunch and Learn with Mary Kay Andrews
- Josh Shulman in conversation with Bridget Foley
- RBC Heritage PGA TOUR | April 14-20
- SCAD Style | April 14-18
- Reception: Celebrating a Silver Donation from Dr. Frank Rizza and Family
- Martinis at the Mansion X Girls on the Run
- Dine Out for CASA - Ruby Tuesday of Pooler
- Dine Out for CASA - Lulu's Chocolate Bar