Savannah’s sartorial superstars will be on full display during Savannah Fashion Week 2012. The event kicks off on Monday, May 14, with evening events on Broughton Street, the Downtown Design District, and midtown leading up to the finale fashion show and exclusive after party at the Lucas Theatre on Thursday, May 17th. Doors open at 6:30 P.M., and the show starts at 7:30 P.M. Tickets are available online at Savannah Box Office or by calling 912-525-5050. See our events calendar for more information.
On Friday, May 18th, “Exposed,” a fashion show featuring the daringly innovative collections of Project Runway All-Star April Johnston, Project Runway’s Peach Carr, and The Exquisite Corpse by Michael Drummond, exposes the raw, lucid beauty of Savannah’s underground fashion scene at 24e. Doors open at 8:00 pm. Fashion Show starts at 8:45/9:15pm. See our events calendar for more information.
Culminating the week is the crown jewel of creativity, the SCAD Fashion Show, which will present the collections of the top graduating seniors. The show has become one of the premiere student fashion shows in the country. Selected by a jury process, the students’ work is critiqued every step of the way, from sketches to garments, by some of the top professionals in the fashion industry.
The Savannah College of Art and Design will honor renowned American couturier Ralph Rucci at the show. SCAD President Paula Wallace and Vogue Contributing Editor André Leon Talley will present Rucci with Talley’s namesake Lifetime Achievement Award. Ralph Rucci’s work has been featured in numerous museums, including three solo shows, and is also the subject of a book, “Ralph Rucci: The Art of Weightlessness.” See our events calendar for more information.
Beg, borrow or steal a ticket to either of these sold out shows at 4:00 P.M. and 8:00 P.M. at the Trustees Theater.
- Lowcountry Legacy: Erica Russo Davis
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 16-21
- In the Studio with Chase Allen
- Goodbye to Sean Haire, A True Renaissance Man
- Tally ho Y’all: Foxhunting in the South
- Island Getaway: Kiawah Island
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 8-14
- Monte Carlo 2014: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour
- Oh, What a Night! Savannah’s Fashion Night 2014
- Little St. Simons: Island Getaway
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 2-6
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off 2014
- Southern Made Products: August-September
- Sand Gnats August 28, 2014
- Top Choice Events For This Week: August 25-31
- Sep 17 2014
- 13th Colony Membership Drive Party
- Smart Women Luncheon Expo
- Second Annual Ms. Savannah Ambucs Womanless Beauty Pageant
- Martinis at the Mansion x Pegasus Riding Academy
- Sketch Booking is Hip!
- Sep 18 2014
- Art Start Stroller Tours
- Portfolio Builder: Youth Drawing 1
- Charity Date Auction Fundraiser
- Charity Date Auction-to benefit Coastal Pet Rescue
- Telfair Tots: Water, Water Everywhere