Savannah’s sartorial superstars will be on full display during Savannah Fashion Week 2012. The event kicks off on Monday, May 14, with evening events on Broughton Street, the Downtown Design District, and midtown leading up to the finale fashion show and exclusive after party at the Lucas Theatre on Thursday, May 17th. Doors open at 6:30 P.M., and the show starts at 7:30 P.M. Tickets are available online at Savannah Box Office or by calling 912-525-5050. See our events calendar for more information.
On Friday, May 18th, “Exposed,” a fashion show featuring the daringly innovative collections of Project Runway All-Star April Johnston, Project Runway’s Peach Carr, and The Exquisite Corpse by Michael Drummond, exposes the raw, lucid beauty of Savannah’s underground fashion scene at 24e. Doors open at 8:00 pm. Fashion Show starts at 8:45/9:15pm. See our events calendar for more information.
Culminating the week is the crown jewel of creativity, the SCAD Fashion Show, which will present the collections of the top graduating seniors. The show has become one of the premiere student fashion shows in the country. Selected by a jury process, the students’ work is critiqued every step of the way, from sketches to garments, by some of the top professionals in the fashion industry.
The Savannah College of Art and Design will honor renowned American couturier Ralph Rucci at the show. SCAD President Paula Wallace and Vogue Contributing Editor André Leon Talley will present Rucci with Talley’s namesake Lifetime Achievement Award. Ralph Rucci’s work has been featured in numerous museums, including three solo shows, and is also the subject of a book, “Ralph Rucci: The Art of Weightlessness.” See our events calendar for more information.
Beg, borrow or steal a ticket to either of these sold out shows at 4:00 P.M. and 8:00 P.M. at the Trustees Theater.
- Wild Night on Ossabaw Island
- Fourth Annual Reindeer Run
- South’s Greatest Kids
- Holiday Shoppin’ in the Square
- Restaurant Royalty
- Sometimes Your Words Just Hypnotize Me
- Jamie Deen’s Good Food
- Children’s Book Festival
- The New Oyster Cult
- Food Show 2013
- Homegrown Homecoming
- Behind the Scenes with Jaimie Alexander
- Jazz’d Turns Ten
- Turkey Takeout
- Dec 13 2013
- Dirty Dolls Burlesque Revue
- A Christmas Tradition | Nov 28-Dec 26
- Habersham Village Holiday Open House
- Ft. Pulaski Candle Lantern Tours | Dec 13 & 14
- Boy Scouts of America hosts Over The Edge
- December Nights & Holiday Lights | Dec 12-Dec 15
- Hilton Head Choral Society's Sounds of the Season Christmas Concert
- Savannah Harbor Festival of Lights | November 29 - January 1
- Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) | Humane Society & Second Harvest Benefit
- Opening Reception: Curious Creatures and Terrible Tales