Savannahians love to rally together in support of a good cause, which is just what they did Saturday night at McDonough’s during Karaoke for Chloe. Add to the mix a microphone, stage and a few inhibition-releasing libations, and you have the ingredients for a raucous night of fun and fundraising. Karaoke contestants donated $30 for a chance to win prizes while helping to support the Auner family who is struggling to care for their 2-year-old daughter Chloe who was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome, a rare neurodevelopmental disorder that occurs in 1 out of 15,000 births. A silent auction upstairs helped raise funds to make their home wheelchair accessible for Chloe who is unable to walk.
Karaoke performances were critiqued a la “American Idol” by a celebrity judging panel which included Don Logana, Reporter for WTOC; Erica Backus, PR Director for Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce; Ruel Joyner, Owner of 24E; Savannah Dan, Historian; Mandy Starling, Host on CW Network; and Alderman Tony Thomas. The judges’ comments added additional humor to a serious cause, and kept the audience and the contestants laughing.
Laura Zeigler organized the night’s event with the assistance of Cecilia Russo. More fundraising events are scheduled for this Saturday, May 5th, during Chloe-Palooza at the Garden City Recreational Center at 160B Priscilla D. Thomas Way from 11am to 5pm.
If you are unable to attend and wish to make a tax deductible donation please visit www.chloesvoice.blogspot.com and find the Pay-Pal account set up there.
To see photos from Karaoke for Chloe, click here.
Tags: Chloe, karaoke, mcdonoughs
- Landlubbers Beware: El Galeón Andalucía is Savannah Bound
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 13-19
- Start Your Engines for the Savannah Speed Classic
- 4 In-Season Fruits for Fall
- Who Is the Ice Queen?
- What You Need to Know About Bottles & Cans
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 6-12
- Beware of FOMO
- Picnic is an Understatement
- Oct 25 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Little Grand Wine Tasting!
- 9th Annual Wag-O-Ween
- SKIDAWAY ISLAND FALL FESTIVAL
- Isle of Hope Art & Music Fest
- EL GALEÓN ANDALUCÍA VISIT
- The Landings Art Association Fall Art Sidewalk Show
- Digging Savannah Walking Tour of Downtown Savannah
- Savannah Speed Classic Oct 24-26
- Rooms With A View: Southern Style - Muffins and Mimosas