Savannahians love to rally together in support of a good cause, which is just what they did Saturday night at McDonough’s during Karaoke for Chloe. Add to the mix a microphone, stage and a few inhibition-releasing libations, and you have the ingredients for a raucous night of fun and fundraising. Karaoke contestants donated $30 for a chance to win prizes while helping to support the Auner family who is struggling to care for their 2-year-old daughter Chloe who was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome, a rare neurodevelopmental disorder that occurs in 1 out of 15,000 births. A silent auction upstairs helped raise funds to make their home wheelchair accessible for Chloe who is unable to walk.
Karaoke performances were critiqued a la “American Idol” by a celebrity judging panel which included Don Logana, Reporter for WTOC; Erica Backus, PR Director for Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce; Ruel Joyner, Owner of 24E; Savannah Dan, Historian; Mandy Starling, Host on CW Network; and Alderman Tony Thomas. The judges’ comments added additional humor to a serious cause, and kept the audience and the contestants laughing.
Laura Zeigler organized the night’s event with the assistance of Cecilia Russo. More fundraising events are scheduled for this Saturday, May 5th, during Chloe-Palooza at the Garden City Recreational Center at 160B Priscilla D. Thomas Way from 11am to 5pm.
If you are unable to attend and wish to make a tax deductible donation please visit www.chloesvoice.blogspot.com and find the Pay-Pal account set up there.
To see photos from Karaoke for Chloe, click here.
Tags: Chloe, karaoke, mcdonoughs
- Southern Adventures: Water and Sporting Clays
- Top Choice Events for this Week: August 18-24
- CASA MONICA
- Special Agent Eugene Kowel and the FBI in Savannah
- Stay Safe This Season
- Island Getaway: Daufuskie Island
- It's Bo Time at South!
- Top Choice Events for this Week: August 4-10
- Don Giovanni – Savannah VOICE Festival
- Beat the Humidity 101
- Untouched: Savannah’s Grittiness On the Big Screen
- Top Choice Events for this Week: July 28- August 3
- HOW TO SPEND YOUR DAY ON TYBEE
- Southern Style: Local Products
- YIA YIA’S KITCHEN
- Aug 20 2014
- Martinis at the Mansion x Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia
- Aug 21 2014
- TLC August Connection Luncheon
- HSGS PUP Crawl
- Aug 22 2014
- Seersucker Live & Deep Present: The Wiretap Episode
- Chicago: The Musical
- Aug 23 2014
- XC Kickoff Classic
- Friends of Animals 16th Annual Auction
- Third Annual Cigar Box Guitar Building Workshop
- Chicago: The Musical
- 33rd Annual Old Fort Jackson Silent Auction