Savannahians love to rally together in support of a good cause, which is just what they did Saturday night at McDonough’s during Karaoke for Chloe. Add to the mix a microphone, stage and a few inhibition-releasing libations, and you have the ingredients for a raucous night of fun and fundraising. Karaoke contestants donated $30 for a chance to win prizes while helping to support the Auner family who is struggling to care for their 2-year-old daughter Chloe who was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome, a rare neurodevelopmental disorder that occurs in 1 out of 15,000 births. A silent auction upstairs helped raise funds to make their home wheelchair accessible for Chloe who is unable to walk.
Karaoke performances were critiqued a la “American Idol” by a celebrity judging panel which included Don Logana, Reporter for WTOC; Erica Backus, PR Director for Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce; Ruel Joyner, Owner of 24E; Savannah Dan, Historian; Mandy Starling, Host on CW Network; and Alderman Tony Thomas. The judges’ comments added additional humor to a serious cause, and kept the audience and the contestants laughing.
Laura Zeigler organized the night’s event with the assistance of Cecilia Russo. More fundraising events are scheduled for this Saturday, May 5th, during Chloe-Palooza at the Garden City Recreational Center at 160B Priscilla D. Thomas Way from 11am to 5pm.
If you are unable to attend and wish to make a tax deductible donation please visit www.chloesvoice.blogspot.com and find the Pay-Pal account set up there.
To see photos from Karaoke for Chloe, click here.
Tags: Chloe, karaoke, mcdonoughs
- 2013 Miss St. Patrick’s Day to Hand Over Crown this Saturday
- Pacci Italian Kitchen + Bar Spring 2014 Opening
- Obama Budget Denies Funding for Georgia Ports Expansion Project
- GLORIOSA-Art in Bloom
- Fasting: How can it possibly be good for you!? Part 2
- Josh Reddick's Amazing Catches
- Top Choice Events for this Week: March 3 – 9
- Behind the Scenes at the 2nd Annual Diamond Ball
- The 33rd Annual Miss St. Patrick’s Day Pageant
- Sarah Elizabeth Jones Petition
- Got Heartburn? Dr. Mandel and the New LINX Procedure
- Savannah’s Tourism and Paula Deen on the Rise!
- 2nd Annual Diamond Ball
- South magazine Behind the Scenes at the Telfair Ball
- “St. Practice Day on River Street” Charity Bar Crawl
- Mar 07 2014
- GhoStock: Resurrection | March 7-9
- Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show | March 7-9
- Opening Reception: Savannah Rocks! @ BLICK Art Supply Gallery
- OPENING RECEPTION: Senior Art Exhibition: F/5 Visual Impact | March 3-14
- The Band Perry 'We Are Pioneers' World Tour 2014
- Tacori Tax Back Weekend | March 7-8
- Black Maria Film and Video Festival
- Seersucker Live - The Jig Episode
- Spa Bleu Nights: An Evening of Southern Comfort
- 30th Annual Greening of the Fountain at Forsyth Park