Savannahians love to rally together in support of a good cause, which is just what they did Saturday night at McDonough’s during Karaoke for Chloe. Add to the mix a microphone, stage and a few inhibition-releasing libations, and you have the ingredients for a raucous night of fun and fundraising. Karaoke contestants donated $30 for a chance to win prizes while helping to support the Auner family who is struggling to care for their 2-year-old daughter Chloe who was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome, a rare neurodevelopmental disorder that occurs in 1 out of 15,000 births. A silent auction upstairs helped raise funds to make their home wheelchair accessible for Chloe who is unable to walk.
Karaoke performances were critiqued a la “American Idol” by a celebrity judging panel which included Don Logana, Reporter for WTOC; Erica Backus, PR Director for Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce; Ruel Joyner, Owner of 24E; Savannah Dan, Historian; Mandy Starling, Host on CW Network; and Alderman Tony Thomas. The judges’ comments added additional humor to a serious cause, and kept the audience and the contestants laughing.
Laura Zeigler organized the night’s event with the assistance of Cecilia Russo. More fundraising events are scheduled for this Saturday, May 5th, during Chloe-Palooza at the Garden City Recreational Center at 160B Priscilla D. Thomas Way from 11am to 5pm.
If you are unable to attend and wish to make a tax deductible donation please visit www.chloesvoice.blogspot.com and find the Pay-Pal account set up there.
To see photos from Karaoke for Chloe, click here.
Tags: Chloe, karaoke, mcdonoughs
- The Dynamic Duo
- People, Not Patients
- Genius In Their Field
- Half A Million Lights Over Five Acres
- Caring and Compassionate
- Nothin' Says "Christmas" Like A Hoedown!
- Unique and Knowledgeable
- She Walks The Walk
- 8 Local Gifts For Out Of State Friends
- It's Not The Jewish Christmas
- Passion for Medicine
- Healthier Lifestyles
- It's All In The Family
- Run, Run Rudolph!
- The Laziest Gift Guide for South’s Laziest Savannah Reader
- Dec 22 2014
- Sea Pines Christmas Stocking Deliveries
- Dec 23 2014
- Sea Pines Gregg Russell Christmas Concert
- Sea Pines Harbour Town Trolley
- Dec 24 2014
- Christmas Eve Dinner Entertainment Cruise
- Pacci's Christmas Eve "Feast of the 7 FIshes"
- Dec 26 2014
- Sea Pines Caroling Wagon Ride
- Dec 27 2014
- Sea Pines Holiday Fun in Harbour Town
- Dec 31 2014
- New Years Eve "Up The Cup"
- Tybee New Year's Eve Fireworks
- Sea Pines 14th Annual Polar Bear Swim