Back in 2008, talented local musician Jason Statts fell victim to a tragic violent crime in Savannah that has left him both physically and financially burdened. Recent cuts in Statts’s medical benefits have only caused his health to further decline. In response to this, his family and friends have come together to organize a massive benefit “Block Party” to aid in a more speedy and proper recovery—a show of solidarity that has been dubbed Friends of Statts.
The Block Party itself takes place on Saturday, April 14th across six venues in downtown Savannah, all within close proximity to one another. With nearly 30 acts performing, there will be no shortage of excellent entertainment. An all-access pass that includes entry to any of the shows at all locations only costs $25, with some single-event passes available in the $10-15 range. These passes are available at The Jinx (127 West Congress Street) and are for purchase with cash only.
In addition to the musical aspect of the event, the Friends are also holding silent auctions and raffling away prizes. On Thursday, April 5th, a pre-auction reception was held in the lead up to the Block Party. Check out our photos from the reception as part of Scenes of the South.
With the Friends of Statts Block Party just around the corner, we hope to see many of you come out to support this worthy cause and have a fun time in the process!
Passes for this event may be purchased at The Jinx, one of the participating venues.
Tags: Friends of Statts
- It’s Time to Get Muddy! The JCB Mud Run June 21
- Ten Tips for Bikini Season
- Music Festival Fashion
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 21-27
- Dieting vs. Healthy Eating
- “Slow Poke” Bill
- Some Like it Hot, Some Like a Stout
- Talking Trends: Celebrity Stylist Ashley Borders gives us the 411
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 14-20
- Savannah Youth Sings
- Girls on the Run
- Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton Film Screening
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 7-13
- Yoga Barre: Arm Balance and Handstand Workshop
- Marilyn Monroe at the Jepson
- Apr 24 2014
- Helen Levitt: In the Street – Lecture and Opening Reception
- 2014 Jewels & Jeans benefit for Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia
- Ray Ellis: Sketches from 1971-2011
- Savannah International Animation Festival
- PERC Coffee Tasting at Andaz Savannah
- Films in Forsyth presents: Disney’s 'The Chronicles of Narnia'
- Apr 25 2014
- AquaCurean | April 25-27
- 2014 USTA Savannah Challenger Tennis Tournament | April 19-27
- Films in Forsyth presents: Disney’s 'Frozen'
- Apr 26 2014
- 43rd Annual Stand up for America Day