Back in 2008, talented local musician Jason Statts fell victim to a tragic violent crime in Savannah that has left him both physically and financially burdened. Recent cuts in Statts’s medical benefits have only caused his health to further decline. In response to this, his family and friends have come together to organize a massive benefit “Block Party” to aid in a more speedy and proper recovery—a show of solidarity that has been dubbed Friends of Statts.
The Block Party itself takes place on Saturday, April 14th across six venues in downtown Savannah, all within close proximity to one another. With nearly 30 acts performing, there will be no shortage of excellent entertainment. An all-access pass that includes entry to any of the shows at all locations only costs $25, with some single-event passes available in the $10-15 range. These passes are available at The Jinx (127 West Congress Street) and are for purchase with cash only.
In addition to the musical aspect of the event, the Friends are also holding silent auctions and raffling away prizes. On Thursday, April 5th, a pre-auction reception was held in the lead up to the Block Party. Check out our photos from the reception as part of Scenes of the South.
With the Friends of Statts Block Party just around the corner, we hope to see many of you come out to support this worthy cause and have a fun time in the process!
Passes for this event may be purchased at The Jinx, one of the participating venues.
Tags: Friends of Statts
- Ashely Bowersox of Thinc Savannah Hosts First Lady Rosalynn Carter
- Gena Rowlands Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Savannah Film Festival Docs to Watch Series
- The Levy Jewelers Red, White and Blue Balloon Festival
- Rape Crisis Center Launches ‘Bar Bystander’ Program
- Jorge Gutierrez Shares The Stories Behind "The Book of Life"
- Spotlight on Matt Bomer
- Lights! Cameras! Asa! Savannah Film Fest
- Landlubbers Beware: El Galeón Andalucía is Savannah Bound
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Oct 31 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Crawl-O-Ween on River Street
- "The Nightmare on Congress Street" Charity Bar Crawl
- Over the Edge
- Escape Savannah!
- Ampersand Halloween Extravaganza
- Nov 01 2014
- Levy Jewelers Red, White & Blue Balloon Festival
- Free 3-Day Weekend for Whitfield Lovell: Deep River
- Free Weekend at the Jepson Center
- Cars and Coffee