Back in 2008, talented local musician Jason Statts fell victim to a tragic violent crime in Savannah that has left him both physically and financially burdened. Recent cuts in Statts’s medical benefits have only caused his health to further decline. In response to this, his family and friends have come together to organize a massive benefit “Block Party” to aid in a more speedy and proper recovery—a show of solidarity that has been dubbed Friends of Statts.
The Block Party itself takes place on Saturday, April 14th across six venues in downtown Savannah, all within close proximity to one another. With nearly 30 acts performing, there will be no shortage of excellent entertainment. An all-access pass that includes entry to any of the shows at all locations only costs $25, with some single-event passes available in the $10-15 range. These passes are available at The Jinx (127 West Congress Street) and are for purchase with cash only.
In addition to the musical aspect of the event, the Friends are also holding silent auctions and raffling away prizes. On Thursday, April 5th, a pre-auction reception was held in the lead up to the Block Party. Check out our photos from the reception as part of Scenes of the South.
With the Friends of Statts Block Party just around the corner, we hope to see many of you come out to support this worthy cause and have a fun time in the process!
Passes for this event may be purchased at The Jinx, one of the participating venues.
Tags: Friends of Statts
- 5 Reasons to Stalk the Cast of Magic Mike XXL This Week
- Top Choice Events for this Week: Sept 29 - Oct 5
- It’s Fall, Y’all
- Distinguished Gentlemen Riding Through Savannah
- 7th Annual Dancing with Savannah Stars
- The Spartan Group X Side of training
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 22-28
- Mandarin Oriental: Atlanta
- Picnic in the Park 2014
- Lowcountry Legacy: Erica Russo Davis
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 16-21
- In the Studio with Chase Allen
- Goodbye to Sean Haire, A True Renaissance Man
- Tally ho Y’all: Foxhunting in the South
- Island Getaway: Kiawah Island
- Sep 30 2014
- Open House Savannah Station
- Turn it Pink
- Workshop: Top 5 Must Dos Before Selling Your Home - Tuesday, Sept. 23
- Oct 01 2014
- Bariatric Surgery Information Session
- Original Skin Tattoo Parlor Opens at the Savannah Mall
- Oct 02 2014
- Lunch 'N' Thinc with John Bennett
- CASA Dancing with the Savannah Stars
- Oct 03 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- OKTOBERFEST 2014
- First Friday Fireworks