This week promises to be a carnival of flavors for food lovers. Beginning on Thursday at 11:30 A.M., Historic Savannah Foundation (HSF) will host the Preservation Festival Awards Luncheon at the Ships of the Sea Museum. The Foundation will recognize builders, homeowners, architects, craftsmen and more who have completed exemplary preservation projects. Tickets are $45 and must be purchased in advance either online at www.myhsf.org or by calling 912-233-7787.
Later that evening Johnson Square will be the site of the 11th Annual Taste of Downtown Business Connection beginning at 5:30 P.M. The event is one of the most anticipated and well-attended Business Connections of the year. More than 40 member restaurants and caterers will feature their fare, while fellow business professionals enjoy beverages and networking beneath a canopy of trees in the exquisite Johnson Square. Admission is $10 for Chamber members and $25 for member guests. For more information, visit the Savannah Chamber website or call 912-644-6459.
On the southside, Pakwan is celebrating its first year anniversary beginning at 6:00 P.M. with an authentic Indian cuisine tasting. Enjoy a genuine Indian experience with delicious food made from fresh traditional ingredients in a unique atmosphere. For more information, visit the restaurant’s website. RSVP by calling 912-236-5501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Sunday, treat Mom to a Mother’s Day Brunch or Dinner Cruise. Both cruises include a carving station with beef top sirloin, orange marmelade boneless pork loin, peel & eat shrimp display, herb roasted chicken, seasonal vegetable, assorted fresh salads, fresh fruit display, and an assortment of desserts. Mom will receive a flower bouquet and enjoy live entertainment.
The brunch cruise boards at 12:00 P.M., and the dinner cruise at 6:00 P.M. at Savannah River Boat Cruises on River Street. For more information, visit their website or call 912-232-6404.
- 5 Reasons to Stalk the Cast of Magic Mike XXL This Week
- Top Choice Events for this Week: Sept 29 - Oct 5
- It’s Fall, Y’all
- Distinguished Gentlemen Riding Through Savannah
- 7th Annual Dancing with Savannah Stars
- The Spartan Group X Side of training
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 22-28
- Mandarin Oriental: Atlanta
- Picnic in the Park 2014
- Lowcountry Legacy: Erica Russo Davis
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 16-21
- In the Studio with Chase Allen
- Goodbye to Sean Haire, A True Renaissance Man
- Tally ho Y’all: Foxhunting in the South
- Island Getaway: Kiawah Island
- Sep 30 2014
- Open House Savannah Station
- Turn it Pink
- Workshop: Top 5 Must Dos Before Selling Your Home - Tuesday, Sept. 23
- Oct 01 2014
- Bariatric Surgery Information Session
- Original Skin Tattoo Parlor Opens at the Savannah Mall
- Oct 02 2014
- Lunch 'N' Thinc with John Bennett
- CASA Dancing with the Savannah Stars
- Oct 03 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- OKTOBERFEST 2014
- First Friday Fireworks