Hilton Head Health, one of the nation’s leading weight loss and health retreats, is now part of a new reality show from A&E. Heavy documents 22 people as they work towards their weight loss goals and journey to living an overall healthy life. Here’s what you need to know about the show:
20 to 59. The age range of the invididuals.
Two filming locations. Twelve of the participants resided at Hilton Head Health. The other ten filmed in Texas.
Seven health specialists. Fitness Director Adam Martin, Fitness Specialists Amber Shadwick and Jeff Ford, Bob Wright, director of education, Beth Leermakers, wellness counselor, Jessica Lynn, director of development and Executive Chef Jen Welper helped the participants through their triumphs and tribulations as they regained control of their life.
35 years. The number of years Hilton Head Heath has been helping people make long-lasting lifestyle changes. It has been named one of the top five health spas in the U.S.
Six months. The time period in which the individuals resided at Hilton Head Health participating in their Healthy Lifestyle program.
Five to six hours. The number of hours spent on fitness each day. They also consumed a low-calorie meal plan, learned how to make nutritious meals and attended sessions on stress and overall well-being.
638 pounds. The heaviest starting weight among the participants.
2,440 pounds. A combined total of all the weight lost during Heavy’s premier season. Eleven of the individuals lost more that 30 percent of their body mass.
Heavy will air on Monday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. EST.
Tags: A&E, Heavy, Hilton Head Health, Reality show
- It’s Time to Get Muddy! The JCB Mud Run June 21
- Ten Tips for Bikini Season
- Music Festival Fashion
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 21-27
- Dieting vs. Healthy Eating
- “Slow Poke” Bill
- Some Like it Hot, Some Like a Stout
- Talking Trends: Celebrity Stylist Ashley Borders gives us the 411
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 14-20
- Savannah Youth Sings
- Girls on the Run
- Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton Film Screening
- Top Choice Events for This Week: April 7-13
- Yoga Barre: Arm Balance and Handstand Workshop
- Marilyn Monroe at the Jepson
- Apr 24 2014
- Helen Levitt: In the Street – Lecture and Opening Reception
- 2014 Jewels & Jeans benefit for Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia
- Ray Ellis: Sketches from 1971-2011
- Savannah International Animation Festival
- PERC Coffee Tasting at Andaz Savannah
- Films in Forsyth presents: Disney’s 'The Chronicles of Narnia'
- Apr 25 2014
- AquaCurean | April 25-27
- 2014 USTA Savannah Challenger Tennis Tournament | April 19-27
- Films in Forsyth presents: Disney’s 'Frozen'
- Apr 26 2014
- 43rd Annual Stand up for America Day