Hilton Head Health, one of the nation’s leading weight loss and health retreats, is now part of a new reality show from A&E. Heavy documents 22 people as they work towards their weight loss goals and journey to living an overall healthy life. Here’s what you need to know about the show:
20 to 59. The age range of the invididuals.
Two filming locations. Twelve of the participants resided at Hilton Head Health. The other ten filmed in Texas.
Seven health specialists. Fitness Director Adam Martin, Fitness Specialists Amber Shadwick and Jeff Ford, Bob Wright, director of education, Beth Leermakers, wellness counselor, Jessica Lynn, director of development and Executive Chef Jen Welper helped the participants through their triumphs and tribulations as they regained control of their life.
35 years. The number of years Hilton Head Heath has been helping people make long-lasting lifestyle changes. It has been named one of the top five health spas in the U.S.
Six months. The time period in which the individuals resided at Hilton Head Health participating in their Healthy Lifestyle program.
Five to six hours. The number of hours spent on fitness each day. They also consumed a low-calorie meal plan, learned how to make nutritious meals and attended sessions on stress and overall well-being.
638 pounds. The heaviest starting weight among the participants.
2,440 pounds. A combined total of all the weight lost during Heavy’s premier season. Eleven of the individuals lost more that 30 percent of their body mass.
Heavy will air on Monday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. EST.
Tags: A&E, Heavy, Hilton Head Health, Reality show
- Lowcountry Legacy: Erica Russo Davis
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 16-21
- In the Studio with Chase Allen
- Goodbye to Sean Haire, A True Renaissance Man
- Tally ho Y’all: Foxhunting in the South
- Island Getaway: Kiawah Island
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 8-14
- Monte Carlo 2014: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour
- Oh, What a Night! Savannah’s Fashion Night 2014
- Little St. Simons: Island Getaway
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 2-6
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off 2014
- Southern Made Products: August-September
- Sand Gnats August 28, 2014
- Top Choice Events For This Week: August 25-31
- Sep 17 2014
- 13th Colony Membership Drive Party
- Smart Women Luncheon Expo
- Second Annual Ms. Savannah Ambucs Womanless Beauty Pageant
- Martinis at the Mansion x Pegasus Riding Academy
- Sketch Booking is Hip!
- Sep 18 2014
- Art Start Stroller Tours
- Portfolio Builder: Youth Drawing 1
- Charity Date Auction Fundraiser
- Charity Date Auction-to benefit Coastal Pet Rescue
- Telfair Tots: Water, Water Everywhere