Hilton Head Health, one of the nation’s leading weight loss and health retreats, is now part of a new reality show from A&E. Heavy documents 22 people as they work towards their weight loss goals and journey to living an overall healthy life. Here’s what you need to know about the show:
20 to 59. The age range of the invididuals.
Two filming locations. Twelve of the participants resided at Hilton Head Health. The other ten filmed in Texas.
Seven health specialists. Fitness Director Adam Martin, Fitness Specialists Amber Shadwick and Jeff Ford, Bob Wright, director of education, Beth Leermakers, wellness counselor, Jessica Lynn, director of development and Executive Chef Jen Welper helped the participants through their triumphs and tribulations as they regained control of their life.
35 years. The number of years Hilton Head Heath has been helping people make long-lasting lifestyle changes. It has been named one of the top five health spas in the U.S.
Six months. The time period in which the individuals resided at Hilton Head Health participating in their Healthy Lifestyle program.
Five to six hours. The number of hours spent on fitness each day. They also consumed a low-calorie meal plan, learned how to make nutritious meals and attended sessions on stress and overall well-being.
638 pounds. The heaviest starting weight among the participants.
2,440 pounds. A combined total of all the weight lost during Heavy’s premier season. Eleven of the individuals lost more that 30 percent of their body mass.
Heavy will air on Monday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. EST.
Tags: A&E, Heavy, Hilton Head Health, Reality show
- Ashely Bowersox of Thinc Savannah Hosts First Lady Rosalynn Carter
- Gena Rowlands Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Savannah Film Festival Docs to Watch Series
- The Levy Jewelers Red, White and Blue Balloon Festival
- Rape Crisis Center Launches ‘Bar Bystander’ Program
- Jorge Gutierrez Shares The Stories Behind "The Book of Life"
- Spotlight on Matt Bomer
- Lights! Cameras! Asa! Savannah Film Fest
- Landlubbers Beware: El Galeón Andalucía is Savannah Bound
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Oct 31 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Crawl-O-Ween on River Street
- "The Nightmare on Congress Street" Charity Bar Crawl
- Over the Edge
- Escape Savannah!
- Ampersand Halloween Extravaganza
- Nov 01 2014
- Levy Jewelers Red, White & Blue Balloon Festival
- Free 3-Day Weekend for Whitfield Lovell: Deep River
- Free Weekend at the Jepson Center
- Cars and Coffee