Hilton Head Health, one of the nation’s leading weight loss and health retreats, is now part of a new reality show from A&E. Heavy documents 22 people as they work towards their weight loss goals and journey to living an overall healthy life. Here’s what you need to know about the show:
20 to 59. The age range of the invididuals.
Two filming locations. Twelve of the participants resided at Hilton Head Health. The other ten filmed in Texas.
Seven health specialists. Fitness Director Adam Martin, Fitness Specialists Amber Shadwick and Jeff Ford, Bob Wright, director of education, Beth Leermakers, wellness counselor, Jessica Lynn, director of development and Executive Chef Jen Welper helped the participants through their triumphs and tribulations as they regained control of their life.
35 years. The number of years Hilton Head Heath has been helping people make long-lasting lifestyle changes. It has been named one of the top five health spas in the U.S.
Six months. The time period in which the individuals resided at Hilton Head Health participating in their Healthy Lifestyle program.
Five to six hours. The number of hours spent on fitness each day. They also consumed a low-calorie meal plan, learned how to make nutritious meals and attended sessions on stress and overall well-being.
638 pounds. The heaviest starting weight among the participants.
2,440 pounds. A combined total of all the weight lost during Heavy’s premier season. Eleven of the individuals lost more that 30 percent of their body mass.
Heavy will air on Monday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. EST.
Tags: A&E, Heavy, Hilton Head Health, Reality show
- Tawny Ellis
- Ponte Vedra
- Southern Adventures: Water and Sporting Clays
- Top Choice Events for this Week: August 18-24
- CASA MONICA
- Special Agent Eugene Kowel and the FBI in Savannah
- Stay Safe This Season
- Island Getaway: Daufuskie Island
- It's Bo Time at South!
- Top Choice Events for this Week: August 4-10
- Don Giovanni – Savannah VOICE Festival
- Beat the Humidity 101
- Untouched: Savannah’s Grittiness On the Big Screen
- Top Choice Events for this Week: July 28- August 3
- HOW TO SPEND YOUR DAY ON TYBEE
- Aug 23 2014
- XC Kickoff Classic
- Friends of Animals 16th Annual Auction
- Third Annual Cigar Box Guitar Building Workshop
- Chicago: The Musical
- 33rd Annual Old Fort Jackson Silent Auction
- 31st City of York Summerfest
- Aug 24 2014
- Chicago: The Musical
- Tybee Floatilla "Float for Friends"
- Jazz in the Park featuring Sam Rodriguez
- Aug 26 2014
- Tawny Ellis and Waits & Co