Hilton Head Health, one of the nation’s leading weight loss and health retreats, is now part of a new reality show from A&E. Heavy documents 22 people as they work towards their weight loss goals and journey to living an overall healthy life. Here’s what you need to know about the show:
20 to 59. The age range of the invididuals.
Two filming locations. Twelve of the participants resided at Hilton Head Health. The other ten filmed in Texas.
Seven health specialists. Fitness Director Adam Martin, Fitness Specialists Amber Shadwick and Jeff Ford, Bob Wright, director of education, Beth Leermakers, wellness counselor, Jessica Lynn, director of development and Executive Chef Jen Welper helped the participants through their triumphs and tribulations as they regained control of their life.
35 years. The number of years Hilton Head Heath has been helping people make long-lasting lifestyle changes. It has been named one of the top five health spas in the U.S.
Six months. The time period in which the individuals resided at Hilton Head Health participating in their Healthy Lifestyle program.
Five to six hours. The number of hours spent on fitness each day. They also consumed a low-calorie meal plan, learned how to make nutritious meals and attended sessions on stress and overall well-being.
638 pounds. The heaviest starting weight among the participants.
2,440 pounds. A combined total of all the weight lost during Heavy’s premier season. Eleven of the individuals lost more that 30 percent of their body mass.
Heavy will air on Monday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. EST.
Tags: A&E, Heavy, Hilton Head Health, Reality show
- 2013 Miss St. Patrick’s Day to Hand Over Crown this Saturday
- Pacci Italian Kitchen + Bar Spring 2014 Opening
- Obama Budget Denies Funding for Georgia Ports Expansion Project
- GLORIOSA-Art in Bloom
- Fasting: How can it possibly be good for you!? Part 2
- Josh Reddick's Amazing Catches
- Top Choice Events for this Week: March 3 – 9
- Behind the Scenes at the 2nd Annual Diamond Ball
- The 33rd Annual Miss St. Patrick’s Day Pageant
- Sarah Elizabeth Jones Petition
- Got Heartburn? Dr. Mandel and the New LINX Procedure
- Savannah’s Tourism and Paula Deen on the Rise!
- 2nd Annual Diamond Ball
- South magazine Behind the Scenes at the Telfair Ball
- “St. Practice Day on River Street” Charity Bar Crawl
- Mar 08 2014
- Savannah Bitcoin Meet-Up!
- GhoStock: Resurrection | March 7-9
- Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show | March 7-9
- White Rose Luncheon
- Shamrock Scramble
- Wilmington Island Farmers' Market: Spring Season
- Senior Art Exhibition: F/5 Visual Impact | March 3-14
- SCAD Experimental Film and Installation Class
- "St. Practice Day on River Street" Charity Bar Crawl
- 2014 Davenport House Oyster Roast