Spring is upon us, the weather is beautiful, and it is time to get out doors and take advantage of it. Why not ditch the gym for the next few months and use your City for some stellar workouts? You have no idea what kind of fun things you can do around town that will not only challenge you physically, but change up the old routine (or maybe even get you into a routine, period) and re-motivate you to firm up for the skimpy days of summer just around the corner.
In this workout you will walk or run from Forsyth to Bay Street on Bull. Each time you go through a “square” you’ll do some exercises to build a strong upper body and toned arms:
• Start by “warming up” around Forsyth (walk or run), and then begin your workout heading North on Bull towards town.
• At each “square” find a bench. Facing the bench, put your hands on the bench in a push up position and do 10 pushups (make them as deep and challenging as you can). Then immediately turn around and sit on the bench with your hands beside your hips and feet on the ground just under your knees. Slide off the bench supporting yourself with your arms and do 10 dips (bend elbows so your body goes just below the level of the bench).
• Do the above on 1 bench for Level I, 2 benches for Level II, and 3 benches for Level III.
• Continue your walk or run to the next “square” and repeat.
• Do as many squares as you can, keeping in mind your own fitness level. (Going all the way to Bay and back to Forsyth, with a warm-up lap around the park, is about 3 miles total.)
• When you are ready to head back to Forsyth (at Bay or before), walk or run without the bench workout if you prefer.
Tags: fitness, sports, Workouts
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 16-21
- In the Studio with Chase Allen
- Goodbye to Sean Haire, A True Renaissance Man
- Tally ho Y’all: Foxhunting in the South
- Island Getaway: Kiawah Island
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 8-14
- Monte Carlo 2014: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour
- Oh, What a Night! Savannah’s Fashion Night 2014
- Little St. Simons: Island Getaway
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 2-6
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off 2014
- Southern Made Products: August-September
- Sand Gnats August 28, 2014
- Top Choice Events For This Week: August 25-31
- Tawny Ellis
- Sep 16 2014
- Goodwill of the Coastal Empire Announces Stand Down for Homelessness Resource and Job Fair
- Sep 17 2014
- 13th Colony Membership Drive Party
- Smart Women Luncheon Expo
- Second Annual Ms. Savannah Ambucs Womanless Beauty Pageant
- Martinis at the Mansion x Pegasus Riding Academy
- Sketch Booking is Hip!
- Sep 18 2014
- Art Start Stroller Tours
- Portfolio Builder: Youth Drawing 1
- Charity Date Auction Fundraiser
- Charity Date Auction-to benefit Coastal Pet Rescue