Spring is upon us, the weather is beautiful, and it is time to get out doors and take advantage of it. Why not ditch the gym for the next few months and use your City for some stellar workouts? You have no idea what kind of fun things you can do around town that will not only challenge you physically, but change up the old routine (or maybe even get you into a routine, period) and re-motivate you to firm up for the skimpy days of summer just around the corner.
In this workout you will walk or run from Forsyth to Bay Street on Bull. Each time you go through a “square” you’ll do some exercises to build a strong upper body and toned arms:
• Start by “warming up” around Forsyth (walk or run), and then begin your workout heading North on Bull towards town.
• At each “square” find a bench. Facing the bench, put your hands on the bench in a push up position and do 10 pushups (make them as deep and challenging as you can). Then immediately turn around and sit on the bench with your hands beside your hips and feet on the ground just under your knees. Slide off the bench supporting yourself with your arms and do 10 dips (bend elbows so your body goes just below the level of the bench).
• Do the above on 1 bench for Level I, 2 benches for Level II, and 3 benches for Level III.
• Continue your walk or run to the next “square” and repeat.
• Do as many squares as you can, keeping in mind your own fitness level. (Going all the way to Bay and back to Forsyth, with a warm-up lap around the park, is about 3 miles total.)
• When you are ready to head back to Forsyth (at Bay or before), walk or run without the bench workout if you prefer.
Tags: fitness, sports, Workouts
- G-TAC Defensive Action Shoot
- Security Associates of Coastal Georgia Celebrates 1st Anniversary
- Savannah/Chatham CASA at Martinis
- Top Choice Events for this Week: July 13-20
- Greatest Boutiques in Downtown Savannah
- Slang From a Sassy Southerner: Emily Bargeron
- TYBEE ISLAND - SOUTH'S GREATEST DESTINATIONS
- 10 Reasons River Street Isn’t Just for Tourists
- Top Choice Events for this Week: July 7-13
- How and Where to Celebrate the Fourth in Savannah
- One-Week Beach Vacation: What to Pack
- 4th of July Fireworks – Georgia & South Carolina Coasts
- Top Choice Events for this Week: June 30-July 5
- Greatest Late Night Food in Savannah
- SCAD Reception for Katherine Sandoz “tahoe hybrids”
- Jul 23 2014
- Savannah Media Mixer
- GPB Savannah Midday Meet-up
- Jul 24 2014
- Andaz Salon: Adam Turoni - Chocolatier
- City Hotel Cabaret
- Savannah Art Association’s Summer Show Reception
- Jul 25 2014
- "Fluid Perspectives" by Christina Edwards
- Savannah Parrot Head Club's 3rd Annual Redneck
- Jul 26 2014
- Romantic Spirits: Nineteenth-Century Paintings
- Splash Fest !
- Local Vendor Day
|« Jun||Aug »|