The year is almost over, and it’s time to celebrate! Check out our list of ways to ring in the new year, and new decade, in Savannah.
Join Saya and South as we host A Red Carpet New Year’s Eve Party. There will be appetizers, complimentary coat check, televised ball drop, music by DJ Xtreme and more. There will also be a champagne toast at midnight.
The Westin Savannah Harbor
The Westin is featuring several events on New Year’s Eve. A themed party with music and dancing, a six-course meal at Aqua Star and a kid’s party are all part of their fun-filled night, so be sure to check their website for more information.
Don’t feel like cooking? Join Leoci’s for New Year’s Eve Dinner that is nothing short of delicious. The menu includes roasted garlic Georgia prawns, Niman Ranch Pork osso buco and house-made lemon sorbet. A vegetarian menu is available. The dinner is from 5 p.m. to midnight and is $65 a person. Reservations are recommended.
River Boat Cruises
Savannah River Boat Cruises will host three cruises on New Year’s Eve. One is a dinner cruise, and the other two are celebration cruises offering you the chance to ring in 2011 in style! Check out their website for more information.
City Market Outdoor Street Party
No reservations required for this party! Enjoy live music starting at 9 p.m. Open to the public.
American Legion Post 154 New Year’s Party
Enjoy champagne at midnight, a cash bar, live music from The 8 Tracks and heavy hors d’oeuvres. Tickets are $20 per person and are available at the post between 5 and 10 p.m., or call Chuck Bolen: 257.0903. Sorry kids, this party’s for ages 21 and up.
New Year’s Bluegrass Festival
The 35th Annual festival will feature The Crowe Brothers, Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys, along with many other bluegrass greats. The festival will be held at the Jekyll Island Convention Complex and run from Dec. 30 through Jan. 1.
New Year’s Day Tybee Island Polar Bear Plunge
Join other polar bears on Tybee Island to dive into the New Year! Take a plunge into the icy Atlantic to celebrate 2011 at noon on New Year’s Day.
New Year’s Day Polar Bear 5K
If the plunge is too much for you, then head over to Bluffton for the the 5th Annual Publix Bluffton New Year’s Day Polar Bear 5K! The event will start and finish at Sea Turtle Cinema taking participants down The Buckwalter Parkway unto the Bluffton Parkway through Buckwalter Place and back to finish at Sea Turtle Cinema.
New Year’s Day Brunch Cruise
Relax and recuperate with a brunch cruise on New Year’s day. The 1.5-hour cruise will feature lunch items as well as breakfast items. Check out the website for more information.
Tags: 2011, American Legion, Aqua Star, Cruise, New Year's 2011 Savannah, New Years, Polar Bear 5K, Polar Bear Plunge, The Westin Savannah Harbor
- Ashely Bowersox of Thinc Savannah Hosts First Lady Rosalynn Carter
- Gena Rowlands Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Savannah Film Festival Docs to Watch Series
- The Levy Jewelers Red, White and Blue Balloon Festival
- Rape Crisis Center Launches ‘Bar Bystander’ Program
- Jorge Gutierrez Shares The Stories Behind "The Book of Life"
- Spotlight on Matt Bomer
- Lights! Cameras! Asa! Savannah Film Fest
- Landlubbers Beware: El Galeón Andalucía is Savannah Bound
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Oct 31 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Crawl-O-Ween on River Street
- "The Nightmare on Congress Street" Charity Bar Crawl
- Over the Edge
- Escape Savannah!
- Ampersand Halloween Extravaganza
- Nov 01 2014
- Levy Jewelers Red, White & Blue Balloon Festival
- Free 3-Day Weekend for Whitfield Lovell: Deep River
- Free Weekend at the Jepson Center
- Cars and Coffee