Even though every family has a unique Christmas tradition, sometimes the same old thing gets a little boring. So instead of perusing multiple websites to find an idea for your family, check out our list of ways to make your Southern Christmas a little livelier.
Make edible snowmen
Every Southern kid dreams of making a snowman, but unfortunately, we rarely have the ingredients to construct the perfect Frosty. Instead, build a snowman that’s not only fun to make, but yummy to eat. Kids will have a blast making a marshmallow snowman for roasting, or to be eaten raw. Roast three marshmallows on a skewer until golden, and then insert pretzels for arms and candy for fashion accessories. Another fun edible snowman recipe is the rice crispy snowman. All you need is a cookie cutter, icing, and candies for accessories. Check out this recipe from Kellogg’s Rice Krispies.
Play Dirty Santa
Suggest that everyone bring a wrapped gift, and sit back and enjoy the fun.To play, just number slips of paper in accordance with the number of gifts. After the numbers are assigned, gift recipient number one picks a gift. After that, recipient two can choose to steal the gift from number one or pick their own. This continues for all the players until all the gifts are gone, or stolen.
Go see Christmas light displays
Some of the best, and most interesting, light displays can be found in the South, ranging from blow-up Santa’s to classic manger scenes. It’s a great way to get out of the house, and depending on the size of your family and vehicle, it’s also a great way to get closer to loved ones.
Cook a non-traditional Christmas dinner
Instead of cooking the traditional ham, turkey and stuffing, try something new. Host a Christmas breakfast with homemade omelettes, waffles, mimosas, sausage, pancakes…the list goes on.
Of course, you can always start your own tradition, or continue the favorites from years past. But no matter what you do on Christmas, be sure to enjoy friends, family and fellowship, as well as the true meaning of Christmas.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Tags: Christmas, Christmas ideas, Dirty Santa, Edible snowmen, holidays
- On The Cutting Edge
- Christmas Traditions Around The World
- Must See Movie Openings
- Ugly Christmas Sweaters We Want Now
- Honesty and Care
- The Vein and Artery Experts
- Jeff Foxworthy Reminds Us of the Reason for the Season
- Savannah, Too Pretty To Burn
- 5 Southern Holiday Recipes To Wow Your Guests
- 5 Holiday Desserts You Must Eat
- The Dynamic Duo
- People, Not Patients
- Genius In Their Field
- Half A Million Lights Over Five Acres
- Caring and Compassionate
- Dec 26 2014
- Sea Pines Caroling Wagon Ride
- Dec 27 2014
- Sea Pines Holiday Fun in Harbour Town
- Dec 31 2014
- New Years Eve "Up The Cup"
- Tybee New Year's Eve Fireworks
- Sea Pines 14th Annual Polar Bear Swim
- Sea Pines New Year's Eve Celebration
- Sea Pines Harbour Town Trolley
- New Year's Eve Dinner Cruise
- New Year's Eve Gala Cruise
- New year's Eve Party Cruise