Even though every family has a unique Christmas tradition, sometimes the same old thing gets a little boring. So instead of perusing multiple websites to find an idea for your family, check out our list of ways to make your Southern Christmas a little livelier.
Make edible snowmen
Every Southern kid dreams of making a snowman, but unfortunately, we rarely have the ingredients to construct the perfect Frosty. Instead, build a snowman that’s not only fun to make, but yummy to eat. Kids will have a blast making a marshmallow snowman for roasting, or to be eaten raw. Roast three marshmallows on a skewer until golden, and then insert pretzels for arms and candy for fashion accessories. Another fun edible snowman recipe is the rice crispy snowman. All you need is a cookie cutter, icing, and candies for accessories. Check out this recipe from Kellogg’s Rice Krispies.
Play Dirty Santa
Suggest that everyone bring a wrapped gift, and sit back and enjoy the fun.To play, just number slips of paper in accordance with the number of gifts. After the numbers are assigned, gift recipient number one picks a gift. After that, recipient two can choose to steal the gift from number one or pick their own. This continues for all the players until all the gifts are gone, or stolen.
Go see Christmas light displays
Some of the best, and most interesting, light displays can be found in the South, ranging from blow-up Santa’s to classic manger scenes. It’s a great way to get out of the house, and depending on the size of your family and vehicle, it’s also a great way to get closer to loved ones.
Cook a non-traditional Christmas dinner
Instead of cooking the traditional ham, turkey and stuffing, try something new. Host a Christmas breakfast with homemade omelettes, waffles, mimosas, sausage, pancakes…the list goes on.
Of course, you can always start your own tradition, or continue the favorites from years past. But no matter what you do on Christmas, be sure to enjoy friends, family and fellowship, as well as the true meaning of Christmas.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Tags: Christmas, Christmas ideas, Dirty Santa, Edible snowmen, holidays
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 2-6
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off 2014
- Southern Made Products: August-September
- Sand Gnats August 28, 2014
- Top Choice Events For This Week: August 25-31
- Tawny Ellis
- Ponte Vedra
- Southern Adventures: Water and Sporting Clays
- Top Choice Events for this Week: August 18-24
- CASA MONICA
- Special Agent Eugene Kowel and the FBI in Savannah
- Stay Safe This Season
- Island Getaway: Daufuskie Island
- It's Bo Time at South!
- Top Choice Events for this Week: August 4-10
- Sep 02 2014
- Leadership NOW!
- Sep 03 2014
- Wednesday Night Supper Club
- Sep 04 2014
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off
- Taste of Pooler
- Douglas Stratton's "Coastal Empire" Art Show
- Savannah's Fashion Night
- Lecture by Dr. Chris Hendricks: Gardens, Manners, and William Jay: Savannah's Romantic Spirit
- Jules - More Than Makeup Launch Party
- Sep 05 2014
- First Friday Fireworks
- River Street presents BACON FEST! | September 5 & 6
|« Aug||Oct »|