If the recent arctic blast that’s hit Savannah hasn’t put you in the mood for Christmas, then you need to get out and experience some of the holiday cheer! From Christmas music to visiting Santa before he gets ready for his big night, there is something for all ages. Check out our picks for this weekend’s holiday happenings.
Christmas with the Philharmonic: December 17 & 18, 8 p.m.
Enjoy sounds of the season including excerpts fro Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker and Handel’s Messiah Christmas favorites, sing-along carols and much more. Performances are being held at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, and tickets can be purchased online or by calling 912.525.5050 (*Please do not call the Cathedral).
Hilton Head Hospital Jingle Jingle Run: December 18, 9 a.m.
The 19th Annual Run will take place on and around the Hilton Head Regional Medical Center Campus and Main Street. The race features all standard male and female running divisions. The first 400 participants will receive an event t-shirt, jingle bells and a candy cane.
Breakfast with Santa in Port Wentworth: December 18, 10 a.m.
Kids can have breakfast with Santa and share last minute gift requests while enjoying Chick-fil-A biscuits, milk and juice. Cost is $5 and is limited to the first 30 people. The breakfast will take place at P.B. Edwards, Jr. Gym, and you can call 912.966.7428 for more information.
Santa at Savannah Harley-Davidson: December 18, 2-5 p.m.
If you miss Santa in Port Wentworth, you can also find him at Savannah Harley-Davidson. There will be pictures with Santa, face painting, arts and crafts, refreshments, pet adoption and free gift-wrapping. Visit savannahhd.com for more information.
Jingle Bell Run 8K: December 18, 4 p.m.
Come dressed as your favorite Santa Claus, elf, reindeer or candy cane and win a prize. Runners must race in the costume and finish the race. After the race, stick around for a chili cook off! For more information, contact Missi Blakey at email@example.com.
Holiday Escape at Aqua Star: December 18
Take a break from the holiday hustle and bustle and relax at Aqua Star while your kids are entertained next door in the Christmas Kids party room. Kids will enjoy a complimentary dinner buffet, arts, crafts, movies and more. Reservations are strongly recommended, so call 912.201.2085 for more information.
Scrooge: December 19, 3 p.m.
Wrap up the weekend before Christmas with this classic tale presented by Kids on Stage at the Savannah Children’s Theatre. Tickets are available online or at the box office.
Tags: Aqua Star, Jingle Bell Run, Jingle Jingle Run, Santa at Harley-Davidson, Santa in Port Wentworth, Scrooge, The Savannah Children's Theatre
- Thanksgiving Food We're Thankful For
- United Way Celebrates Victory
- Give Thanks and Give Back
- Become a Bar Bystander
- Pee Wee Rodeo-Fun for the Whole Family!
- A "Sweet Tease" at Andaz Salon
- Play Piano Like A Rolling Stone
- Savannah Mixologist Puts A New Twist On A Classic Cocktail
- Marathons Rock Savannah
- Harvest Fest Takes Over River Street
- Kick Off the 20th Annual Telfair Art Fair at the Arty Party!
- Run the Trail of Hope on November 15!
- " alt="Header" class="PostSidebarImg" />The 17th Annual Savannah Film Fest: The Best Yet!
- Top Choice Events for this Week: November 3-9
- Film Fest Ends With Rising Star Analeigh Tipton
- Nov 27 2014
- Thanksgiving Day Dinner Entertainment Cruise
- 6th Annual United Way Turkey Trot
- Nov 28 2014
- Sea Pines Harbour Town Lights
- Sea Pines Harbour Town Trolley
- Sailing with Santa Charity Cruise
- December Nights & Holiday Lights
- Nov 29 2014
- Sailing with Santa Charity Cruise
- Boat Parade of Lights Cruise
- "The Gobble Wobble" Charity Bar Crawl
- Nov 30 2014
- Video Game Development