If the recent arctic blast that’s hit Savannah hasn’t put you in the mood for Christmas, then you need to get out and experience some of the holiday cheer! From Christmas music to visiting Santa before he gets ready for his big night, there is something for all ages. Check out our picks for this weekend’s holiday happenings.
Christmas with the Philharmonic: December 17 & 18, 8 p.m.
Enjoy sounds of the season including excerpts fro Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker and Handel’s Messiah Christmas favorites, sing-along carols and much more. Performances are being held at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, and tickets can be purchased online or by calling 912.525.5050 (*Please do not call the Cathedral).
Hilton Head Hospital Jingle Jingle Run: December 18, 9 a.m.
The 19th Annual Run will take place on and around the Hilton Head Regional Medical Center Campus and Main Street. The race features all standard male and female running divisions. The first 400 participants will receive an event t-shirt, jingle bells and a candy cane.
Breakfast with Santa in Port Wentworth: December 18, 10 a.m.
Kids can have breakfast with Santa and share last minute gift requests while enjoying Chick-fil-A biscuits, milk and juice. Cost is $5 and is limited to the first 30 people. The breakfast will take place at P.B. Edwards, Jr. Gym, and you can call 912.966.7428 for more information.
Santa at Savannah Harley-Davidson: December 18, 2-5 p.m.
If you miss Santa in Port Wentworth, you can also find him at Savannah Harley-Davidson. There will be pictures with Santa, face painting, arts and crafts, refreshments, pet adoption and free gift-wrapping. Visit savannahhd.com for more information.
Jingle Bell Run 8K: December 18, 4 p.m.
Come dressed as your favorite Santa Claus, elf, reindeer or candy cane and win a prize. Runners must race in the costume and finish the race. After the race, stick around for a chili cook off! For more information, contact Missi Blakey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Escape at Aqua Star: December 18
Take a break from the holiday hustle and bustle and relax at Aqua Star while your kids are entertained next door in the Christmas Kids party room. Kids will enjoy a complimentary dinner buffet, arts, crafts, movies and more. Reservations are strongly recommended, so call 912.201.2085 for more information.
Scrooge: December 19, 3 p.m.
Wrap up the weekend before Christmas with this classic tale presented by Kids on Stage at the Savannah Children’s Theatre. Tickets are available online or at the box office.
Tags: Aqua Star, Jingle Bell Run, Jingle Jingle Run, Santa at Harley-Davidson, Santa in Port Wentworth, Scrooge, The Savannah Children's Theatre
- Picnic in the Park 2014
- Lowcountry Legacy: Erica Russo Davis
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 16-21
- In the Studio with Chase Allen
- Goodbye to Sean Haire, A True Renaissance Man
- Tally ho Y’all: Foxhunting in the South
- Island Getaway: Kiawah Island
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 8-14
- Monte Carlo 2014: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour
- Oh, What a Night! Savannah’s Fashion Night 2014
- Little St. Simons: Island Getaway
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 2-6
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off 2014
- Southern Made Products: August-September
- Sand Gnats August 28, 2014
- Sep 19 2014
- Savannah Theremin Summit
- Bistro Savoir Interactif
- Friday Night at the Movies ..."Jaws!"
- Sep 20 2014
- Monte Carlo: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour
- 2014 Savannah's Women In Business Expo
- YMCA Heart of Savannah 5K and 1 Mile Survivor’s Walk
- Chase the Sun Ultra and Relay
- The Job Experience, My Life is Not Over. Stage Play
- Heart of Savannah 5K, 1 Mile Survivor's Walk & Kid's Run