If the recent arctic blast that’s hit Savannah hasn’t put you in the mood for Christmas, then you need to get out and experience some of the holiday cheer! From Christmas music to visiting Santa before he gets ready for his big night, there is something for all ages. Check out our picks for this weekend’s holiday happenings.
Christmas with the Philharmonic: December 17 & 18, 8 p.m.
Enjoy sounds of the season including excerpts fro Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker and Handel’s Messiah Christmas favorites, sing-along carols and much more. Performances are being held at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, and tickets can be purchased online or by calling 912.525.5050 (*Please do not call the Cathedral).
Hilton Head Hospital Jingle Jingle Run: December 18, 9 a.m.
The 19th Annual Run will take place on and around the Hilton Head Regional Medical Center Campus and Main Street. The race features all standard male and female running divisions. The first 400 participants will receive an event t-shirt, jingle bells and a candy cane.
Breakfast with Santa in Port Wentworth: December 18, 10 a.m.
Kids can have breakfast with Santa and share last minute gift requests while enjoying Chick-fil-A biscuits, milk and juice. Cost is $5 and is limited to the first 30 people. The breakfast will take place at P.B. Edwards, Jr. Gym, and you can call 912.966.7428 for more information.
Santa at Savannah Harley-Davidson: December 18, 2-5 p.m.
If you miss Santa in Port Wentworth, you can also find him at Savannah Harley-Davidson. There will be pictures with Santa, face painting, arts and crafts, refreshments, pet adoption and free gift-wrapping. Visit savannahhd.com for more information.
Jingle Bell Run 8K: December 18, 4 p.m.
Come dressed as your favorite Santa Claus, elf, reindeer or candy cane and win a prize. Runners must race in the costume and finish the race. After the race, stick around for a chili cook off! For more information, contact Missi Blakey at email@example.com.
Holiday Escape at Aqua Star: December 18
Take a break from the holiday hustle and bustle and relax at Aqua Star while your kids are entertained next door in the Christmas Kids party room. Kids will enjoy a complimentary dinner buffet, arts, crafts, movies and more. Reservations are strongly recommended, so call 912.201.2085 for more information.
Scrooge: December 19, 3 p.m.
Wrap up the weekend before Christmas with this classic tale presented by Kids on Stage at the Savannah Children’s Theatre. Tickets are available online or at the box office.
Tags: Aqua Star, Jingle Bell Run, Jingle Jingle Run, Santa at Harley-Davidson, Santa in Port Wentworth, Scrooge, The Savannah Children's Theatre
- Savannah Film Festival Docs to Watch Series
- The Levy Jewelers Red, White and Blue Balloon Festival
- Rape Crisis Center Launches ‘Bar Bystander’ Program
- Jorge Gutierrez Shares The Stories Behind "The Book of Life"
- Spotlight on Matt Bomer
- Lights! Cameras! Asa! Savannah Film Fest
- Landlubbers Beware: El Galeón Andalucía is Savannah Bound
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 13-19
- Start Your Engines for the Savannah Speed Classic
- Oct 30 2014
- The Savannah Showcases a Hot-Air Balloon for a Pre-showing of the Red, White and Blue Balloon Festival
- Video Game Development
- ESCAPE SAVANNAH
- Oct 31 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Crawl-O-Ween on River Street
- "The Nightmare on Congress Street" Charity Bar Crawl
- Over the Edge
- Escape Savannah!
- Ampersand Halloween Extravaganza
- Nov 01 2014
- Levy Jewelers Red, White & Blue Balloon Festival